VOTED THE BEST PLACE TO TAKE AN ART CLASS BY THE PRESS BANNER!
The Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center Takes Art to the Schools!
Discover a world filled with inspirational art projects that will unleash your child’s creativity.
Sarah Orre teaches on Wednesdays at San Lorenzo Valley Elementary and Mondays at SLV Middle School. We hope to bring back Boulder Creek Elementary classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays soon. Classes run for 6 week sessions throughout the school year. Classes at the Art Center are offered in the after school time slot on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
This program is co-sponsored by the Valley Women’s Club.
Questions? Youth Art Director
Scholarships are Available
GRO Community, a newly formed 501(c)3 non-profit organization native to the Santa Cruz Mountains community, is offering scholarships for after school programs to youth ages 5-17, based on financial need. Find out more and apply for a scholarship to our classes by clicking the button below.
- Click the button below to apply for a GRO scholarship. Please note:
- Make your application as far as possible in advance of the beginning of class, because GRO will not pay retroactively, meaning after the class starts. They need at least a week to process your application before the first class.
- You may apply for scholarships to more than one class at a time. If you know that you want to take several classes, you can stack them in one application.
- Register below for the class/es you want to take and:
- Add a note in the COMMENTS field that you have applied for a GRO scholarship.
- Choose the “Pay Later” option to complete your registration.
Youth Art Program Sponsors:
SCMAC Youth art programs are made possible because of donations from the following, and people just like you.
We have established a Gloria Seneres Memorial Fund which directly supports our Youth Art Programs. DONATE online today or send a check to the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center, 9341 Mill St. Ben Lomond, CA 95005. All contributions are tax-deductible. Thanks for helping make youth art happen!
Inspire Encourage Create
Voted the Press Banner FAVE “Place to Take a Class.”
The popular SCMAC AAS program was the subject of a front page article “After School Arts Enrich Students” in the Press-Banner newspaper. In that article, Press-Banner reporter Patricia Sousa wrote:
The After School Art program has been welcomed by schools with open arms, allowing students to participate in all aspects of art. “Parents have been excited about the opportunity for their kids to be involved in art,” said SLVMS Principal Shannon Calden.
The Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center recognizes the importance of a variety of art experiences for the well-rounded development of children, for enriching local communities and for a more humane global community. All Art Center youth art classes incorporate age appropriate SCMAC Standards and California State Content Standards for the Visual Arts. Content standards were designed to encourage the highest achievement of every student, by defining the knowledge, concepts, and skills that students should acquire at each grade level.