SCMAC COVID GUIDELINES
In order to enter the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center, or participate in outdoor events at the Art Center, you must agree to the following:
- Screen temperature at home, and do not enter if you present with any symptoms.
For the latest CDC updates on symptoms, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Additionally do not enter under any of the following conditions:
- if you or someone you live with has traveled, been to a hospital, or has potentially been exposed to the virus within the past two weeks,
- if you are concerned about underlying medical conditions, concerned about being in a high-risk group as designated by the CDC, are sensitive to cleaning chemicals, or are unable to wear a mask for the duration of your visit.
- There will be no penalty for a registered participant to cancel if any of the above conditions take effect. Please notify us if you need to cancel so that we can free up the time slot.
- Notify the Art Center if you test positive for COVID-19 after visiting the Art Center, attending a ceramics session, or participating in a sidewalk sale.
- Wear a face covering over nose and mouth at all times and practice social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Wash your hands with soap and water upon entering the Center, after using the restroom or touching your nose or mouth, and before departure.
- The Art Center will NOT be providing any PPE equipment or face masks. We will have hand soap and hand sanitizer available for use.
- We will update procedures and guidelines as they are released by the county, state, and CDC.
According to current Santa Cruz County regulations (September 2021), anybody inside the facilities of the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center must be masked. Volunteers, employees, and contractors of the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center who work indoors must also be vaccinated or present proof of a negative test weekly at their own expense. Commercially available tests are acceptable for this. The only exception is for employees who work during hours when nobody else is in the Center. Exhibitors in gallery shows may choose to pay larger entry fees instead of doing docent hours if they’re not vaccinated.
Currently, The Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center requires anyone participating in indoor or outdoor classes or activities, to be fully vaccinated, wear a high-quality face mask, and practice social distancing whenever possible.
This policy may change as the COVID status of the county does, and as county guidelines adapt to that status.