24rd ANNUAL YOUTH ART EXHIBIT
EXHIBIT DATES: March 30 – April 29, 2023
FREE MATTING WORKSHOP: Saturday, March 11, 3 – 5 pm OR Sunday, March 12, 12 – 2 pm
ENTRY & BRING IN ARTWORK: Sunday, March 26, 2 – 5 pm
RECEPTION PARTY: Saturday, April 15, 5 – 8 pm
PICK UP ARTWORK: Sunday, April 30, 2 – 5 pm
Young artists! Now’s your chance to share your artwork with the community. Anyone under the age of 21 is invited to submit artwork in any medium.
Entry into this show is free!
We will have printed forms available at the Art Center, or you can download and fill out the paperwork before you arrive:
Free Workshop: Get your artwork ready to hang
We are pleased to once again offer a FREE workshop in conjunction with this exhibit, “Mat Finding & Decorating”, on Sunday, March 11, from 3 – 5 pm OR Sunday, March 12 from 12 – 2 pm at the Art Center. Thanks to Steve and Mary Lanctot of Art Services for donating mats for this workshop. Drop in to create and decorate a mat for your 2D artwork. Entry into the show may be done at this time. No registration required. Kids must be accompanied by an adult.
Professional Framing Discount Available
Additionally, Art Services in Felton (6222 Hwy 9) is offering a 20% discount on framing art for this exhibit. Call Steve or Mary Lanctot at 338-3232 for more information about this great deal!
Download the exhibit flyer to print and distribute
Rules of Entry
- You may submit up to three (3) pieces, but depending on volume of submissions, some pieces may not be accepted for exhibit.
- For insurance purposes, artists under the age of 18 must have a parent with them to deliver artwork, and to sign the Artist’s Waiver.
- The gallery is open Thursday through Sunday from 12 – 5 p.m. Artists and/or their parents are asked to volunteer as docents in the gallery during the show.
- All two-dimensional work must be properly matted (framing recommended but optional) for hanging with appropriate wire or hanger. 3-D work must sit sturdily on pedestal or floor.
- Size & Weight: No work may exceed 36” in any direction, nor weigh over 30 lbs unless pre-approved by the Curator.
- Photographs or reprographics of your work, made into cards, may be entered. Flip Bin/card racks are available for display.
- Deliver work and completed entry forms to the Art Center on Sunday, March 26, 2 – 5 p.m. (No work will be accepted after 5 pm on Sunday.)
- To encourage participation in this show, the Art Center has waived all youth entry fees, and is providing a FREE workshop to help young artists prepare their work for hanging. Although there are no fees for this event, the Art Center is a non-profit organization and gratefully accepts donations.
Direct questions to Susan Archibald, 831-336-2078 or email@example.com