The Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center strives to make arts education and experience available to all members of the community.
In fulfillment of this goal, the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center has created a Scholarship Fund. Money from this fund will assist children who would not otherwise be able to afford art classes at the Center. Children who are at-risk, or whose families are in crisis are also eligible for scholarships.
How to apply for a needs-based scholarship:
- Print the Scholarship Application Card, or obtain one from the Art Center.
- Take the Scholarship Application Card to a qualifying organization, which will determine the basis of need and provide an authorization signature:
- Submit signed card to the Art Center at 9341 Mill Street, Ben Lomond, CA 95005. ATTN: Youth Scholarship Program
- Register online for the class, using the “Pay Later” option, AND
- Add a note in the Comments section that you have submitted a Scholarship Application Card. *Important!*
- Scholarship Applications must be received at least one week in advance of the start of class.
Please note that enrollment in classes is subject to space and scholarship funding availability. Scholarships are made possible by generous donations from Boulder Creek and Felton Wild Roots Markets, and donations from people just like you. Call the Art Center at 831-336-3513 to request more information.
Approved scholarship applicants remain eligible for subsequent classes; follow steps 4-6 above to register after we already have a Scholarship Card on file.
In cases when there are more than two scholarship applicants per class, priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a scholarship, on a first-come basis, in order to make art education available to the greatest number of young people with need. When there are more than two applicants per class, or when a class is already full, additional applicants will either be placed on a waiting list, or asked to choose another class.