It’s time for our building to get a bright new face lift!
As repairs are needed to our building (including painting), we thought this would be a great time to put a new face forward to our community. We’ve heard from several members with ideas of how the building could look.
Do you have your own idea? Now’s your chance to have some input in the how the Art Center’s facade can look.
There are two ways you can participate:
- Submit a proposal (details below)
- Join the Facade Design Committee: Open to anyone with an interest in the future face of the building. Maybe you don’t have a complete proposal, but have ideas to add to the proposals of others. Maybe you have strong feelings about paint color. This group will review the proposals submitted, and serve as a forum to weed through and develop the ideas that come forward. Anyone submitting a proposal is strongly encouraged to join.
Interested? Let us know!
The deadline for submitting ideas had been extended to May 31, 2018.
At that time, a Facade Committee will review the submissions and present the finalists to the Board of Directors for a vote on the winning design. Your design should be for the front of our building and the yard entry side of the building. It can include, graphics, structures, awnings, banners – anything that would give the Art Center a great new look.
Submit your proposed design:
• Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Facade Design” in your subject line.
• Or drop off a hard copy of your proposal to the Art Center. It should be in an envelope, clearly marked “Facade Design.”
Your proposal must include:
1) A to-scale color rendering of the proposed design FACADE TEMPLATE FILE
2) A general list of materials needed to execute the design
3) A plan for execution (i.e., who will do the work, professional, etc)
4) Your name and contact info
Things that must be included in the design
1) SCMAC logo/branding should be featured prominently (logo file)
2) Accommodation for existing events banners (8′ x 3′) on front
of building, above door
We’re looking forward to seeing your ideas and designs!