MEMBERS ONLY THEMED IN-GALLERY + ONLINE EXHIBIT
EXHIBIT DATES: July 15 – September 17, 2022
OPENING RECEPTION: Sunday, July 17 I 2 – 4 pm
DEADLINE FOR ONLINE ENTRY: Thursday, July 7 I by noon
DELIVER ARTWORK: Sunday, July 10 I 12 – 4 pm
PICK UP ARTWORK: Saturday, September 17 I 12 – 4 pm (Or by arrangement)
GALLERY HOURS: Friday – Sunday I 12 – 5 pm
The human body has been a source of enduring fascination to artists across time, geography and cultures. From ancient cave paintings, the classical Greek’s perfectly-proportioned bodies, Asian art where humans blend with the landscape, to the realism of the Renaissance, artists have continued to grapple with this subject through postmodernism and beyond. In paintings, photography, sculpture, sketches or tapestry, artists have used any, and all, mediums to depict the human form, be it a posed portrait, life study, candid glimpse or action capture – realistic or abstract. For this exhibit we would like to see how you portray the human figure.
This is our annual show for members only (Hey, you can join right now!)
All mediums, and members 18 years and older, are welcome. All work submitted should reflect the theme.
ENTRY FEE: $45 (members only)
Entry fee covers both in-gallery and online participation.
Related Events for this exhibit:
Annual Membership Meeting & Opening Reception: July 17, 2 – 4 pm. Details coming soon.
First Friday Reception: Friday, August 5 & September 2, 4 – 7 pm
Entry to the exhibit requires a 3-step process:
1. Pay Entry Fee
2. Complete Entry Form
We HIGHLY recommend that you submit your entry form before the day of the deadline so that if you encounter any problems with the entry process there is time for us to help you troubleshoot before the deadline passes.
3. Bring work to the gallery
On Sunday, July 10, you will bring in your work between 2 – 4 pm.
You will need to inventory the work you bring in. Please download and fill our inventory sheet (see below). Bring this with you on the take in day.
Rules of Entry
GENERAL RULES OF ENTRY:
• Open to MEMBERS OF THE ART CENTER 18 years and older.
• Acceptance of work is at curators’ discretion.
• We will continue to present our exhibits online, and strongly encourage participants to submit work to the online exhibit in addition to the in-gallery exhibit. We hope that artists will see this as a way to increase their visibility and reach more viewers.
• Please register via our website. Those who lack access or ability to register online may fill out paperwork by hand in person on the take-in day. Paper entry forms will be available to pick up in the gallery during regular gallery hours or by appointment with Susan Archibald, 831-336-2078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL RULES OF ENTRY FOR IN-GALLERY PRESENTATION:
• Entry fee for 2-D and 3-D work includes up to 5 large pieces or 10 small pieces (does not apply to jewelry or small crafts).
• All 2-D work must be ready to hang with secure wire on back.
• Unframed 3-D work to be hung on wall must include secure means of hanging and any special materials required.
• Functional pottery: please include tag to explain if food, microwave, and dishwasher safe.
• Unframed work may be submitted for display in flip bin. Artist’s name, media, print process, and date created must appear on back of each piece.
• As your work sells, you may replenish your stock at no cost on Tuesdays from 3 – 6 pm, or by arrangement.
• During the exhibit, each participating artist is required to volunteer for 10 hours of docent time during our regular gallery hours.
• Please bring an 8.5 x 11″ sheet with your artist’s statement and/or bio to be included in the show’s book of artists (on display during the show). You may also bring up to 10 business cards to leave in the gallery office.
ADDITIONAL RULES OF ENTRY FOR ONLINE PRESENTATION:
• Up to 3 pieces may be submitted per entry.
• For jewelry, cards and other small artwork, you may submit one image with multiple pieces represented.
• Acceptable upload-ready file formats:
File Type: JPG only.
File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side.
File Size: No larger than 5 MB. (The closer you get to a 5 MB file, the better your work will look.)
Color Profile: RGB
Image files must be of high quality, in sharp focus and a true representation of the original art. Image of 2D art should include only the artwork, no frame. If your image file does not meet this criteria, you may be asked to remake the file. There are many online resources to help you take a high quality photograph of your artwork. HINT: Remove artwork from under any reflective surface (like glass) before photographing it.
SALES & PUBLICITY:
• Commission retention is 25% for members.
• Artwork purchased in gallery will be taken by purchaser at time of sale.
• Sales from SCMAC’s online store will be fulfilled by LOCAL PICKUP only, during regular gallery hours.
• Submission of your entry grants Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center permission to use your artwork or a reproduction of its likeness in promotional materials for this exhibition and future SCMAC promotions.
• The artist shall retain all copyrights of any image submitted to the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center. All images on the site may not be reproduced or used in any manner without the permission of the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center and the relevant artist.
Direct questions to Susan Archibald, 831-336-2078 or email@example.com