ANNUAL FEATURED ARTIST EXHIBIT
Exhibition Dates: September 23 – October 22, 2022
Application Deadline: May 22, 2022
Notification: May 29, 2022
All interested artists, please read the prospectus (below) carefully. Then submit the application form at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to submit the application online, please email us at info@MountainArtCenter.org with “Featured Artist” in the subject line, and we will help you.
Print documents for your reference:
Exhibit Prospectus PDF Application Form PDF
2022 Featured Artist Exhibit Prospectus
The Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center is now accepting applications for the 2022 Featured Artist Exhibit in the Thomas Gallery.
- All applicants must be current members of the Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center.
- Applicants may apply individually for a solo show, or together with up to four artists (total) who will share the gallery space.
- Applicants must have a body of work extensive enough to fill the gallery (individually or as a group).
- Work may be 2D or 3D, including painting, mixed media, photography, printing, ceramics, weaving, basketry, sculpture, etc. All work must be ready for gallery showing.
There is no entry fee for application. The participation fee is $600. This fee covers exclusive use of the Thomas Gallery during the exhibit dates, including the office and gift shop areas, wrapping supplies, credit card machine and some bookkeeping service. The participating artists will retain 100% of revenue from sales during the show.
SCMAC will promote the featured artist(s) on our website, with email announcements, and on Facebook. A poster, flier, and postcard will be designed for the exhibit. The artist(s) will be responsible for printing and distribution of these materials.
For a group of 2 to 4 artists the fee may be divided equally, or determined by how much space each artist occupies. A solo artist will be responsible for the entire participation fee.
Once artist(s) are selected, the participation fee is due no later than July 1, 2022.
Responsibilities of Participants:
- The artist(s) will hang and take down the show (with guidance by the curatorial staff). Artist(s) will patch and paint the gallery walls after the exhibit is taken down (with supervision by the curatorial staff).
- Artist(s) must provide curatorial volunteers to docent the exhibit during the regular gallery hours of Friday – Sunday, 12 – 5 pm during the exhibit.
A docent schedule must be submitted to the curatorial staff.
- Artists applying together will decide among themselves how much space each will occupy and what percentage of the fee each will be responsible for.
- Participating artist(s) will host a First Friday Opening Reception on October 7, 2022.
- Please read this entire Prospectus, then fill out and submit the Application below.
- Accompany the Application with 3 examples of the work you will exhibit in the show. These must be in JPG format at 300 dpi.
- If you are applying as a group, please list the other artists in your group. Each artist must submit their own application.
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 22, 2022
Selection Process: Applications for the Featured Artist Exhibit will be reviewed by the SCMAC Board of Directors. The Board will then select, by vote, the artist(s) to be the 2022 Featured Artist(s).
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the selection by May 29, 2022.
Featured Artist Application
Each artist in a group must fill out a separate application.