The Art Center is staffed by dozens of dedicated volunteers. Some people put in regular hours and some complete a specific task. You can take on an ongoing project, like the weekly emails, and work a few days a month. If you don’t have a lot of time, consider being a gallery docent.
Volunteering to be a docent is easy, just check out our Docent Calendar to see what 3-hour shifts are available.
Current Job Opportunities at SCMAC
Below are a few of the much needed positions waiting for your help!
Social Media Coordinator
Job description: Use your experience in social media marketing to develop and implement social media strategy for a small non-profit art center in Ben Lomond, CA. You can work remotely, but we prefer someone with connections in the area and to the arts.
Working with the digital marketing committee, you will develop a digital media strategy and calendar to grow our followers; engage and retain them; and help convert them into customers, active fans, and promoters of our small, local art center—then execute that strategy.
You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Work with other marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience, and supports marketing goals
- Post to social media accounts in accordance with social media calendar
- Track posts and respond as needed
- Develop and report metrics that indicate the effectiveness of media, types of posts, and timing of posts
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target audience.
- Let digital marketing committee know about changes to platforms
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our organization, and/or industry
Education Program Coordinator
Job Description: Self starter, networker, and educator needed to develop and lead art education programs for small non-profit Art Center in Ben Lomond. Revive (pre-COVID) Art After School program serving 4 local elementary and middle schools, youth Summer Art Camps, as well as adult art and ceramics classes delivered on site at the Art Center. Must be able to interface with school personnel and instructors in person. Prefer someone with connections to the area.
- Develop job description for teachers
- Recruit, hire, and train instructors
- Review livescan results of youth teachers
- Sign teachers up as employees and for payroll service
- Work with marketing committee to publicize classes
- Collect feedback on classes from students, parents, and school staff
- Develop youth education curriculum appropriate to the needs of the schools we work with
- Cultivate relationships with school personnel to address issues such as:
- – finding day/times for classes that don’t compete with sports, other activities, or non-instructional days
- – identifying space to host the classes
- – learning how to best promote the program to students (how the schools handle this changes yearly)
- Coordinate a SCMAC table at Back to School nights.
- Develop platform for online classes
- Recruit teachers for ongoing adult classes and occasional workshops. Schedule appropriate times and spaces.
Job description: Develop and execute employment processes for all paid SCMAC employees and volunteers.
- Develop job descriptions for paid positions
- Recruit people to fill those positions
- Develop and document processes for employment lifecycle
- Sign employees up with the State of California EDD and the payroll service
- Coordinate with office manager to fill out paperwork as appropriate for hiring, employment, and termination.
- Coordinate with committee chairs to create job descriptions for volunteer positions and help with recruitment and vetting